Pediatric Trauma Registrar – #18000F7F
Rainbow Babies and Children’s Hospital, Level 1 Trauma Center, Cleveland, Ohio
Posted February 21, 2019
Experience & Knowledge:
- Experience with ICD-9 /ICD-10 and CPT coding and billing preferred
- Minimum of one year experience in medical field
- Experience with medical coding and medical terminology and computerized database preferred.
- Minimum of one year experience with electronic medical records required.
- Accurate keyboarding skills
- Experience using computerized programs for data handling.
- Verbal and written communication skills on a level to interact effectively with medical and profession staff
- Registry experience preferred
Special Skills & Equipment Knowledge:
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, Ability to type 30 WPM accurately. Ability to collaborate across disciplines, Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel and Power Point preferred
Required Credentials, Licensure or Certification (i.e. RN, RRT):
- Registered Health Information Technician (RHIT) or Registered Health Information Administrator (RHIA), or
- Certified Professional Coder (CPC) within 2- 5 years of hire or Certified as an Abbreviated Injury Scaling Specialist (CAISS) within one year of hire.
Preferred Credentials, Licensure or Certification
- Preferred- Associate or Bachelor’s Degree or Certified Specialist in Trauma Registry (CSTR)